THEY would have been 42 but only 35 made the cut. And before a panel of judges in a face to face interview that would reveal more of their character and how articulate they are as future ambassadors of goodwill, the 20 official candidates of the Miss Bicolandia 2022 beauty pageant have been finally chosen.
That was throughout the morning until 3:00 p.m. of August 28, Sunday last week at Villa Caceres Hotel. A few hours later, at 6:00 o’clock, the 20 successful candidates were motored to the already crowded activity center of Robinsons Place Naga for the formal announcement and public presentation hosted by City Mayor Nelson Legacion and Vice Mayor Nene de Asis, along with some city officials and the selection judges themselves led by Bicol Regional Tourism Director Herbie Aguas.
In no particular order, the names of the 20 official candidates are as follows:
- Kazzandra Seton of Siruma, Camarines Sur
- Elaine D. Decano of Labo, Camarines Norte
- Alexa N. Garcia of Polangui, Albay
- Margarette Briton of Tabaco City, Albay
- Iris I. Oresca of Naga City
- Reynaleen D. Praferosa of Naga City
- Princess Joy Plotado of Baao, Camarines Sur
- Dara Sofia Cartujano of Naga City
- Rhemma Adakkoden of Naga City
- Jeanne Isabelle Bilasano of Malilipot, Albay
- Rainsfer Khrizette Ranara of Naga City
- Mary Joy A. Darilay of Naga City
- Mary Denise Alexandre G. Nueva of Bula, Camarines Sur
- Sandip Kater of Iriga City
- Jeanette L. Reyes of Pasacao, Camarinses Sur
- Trixia Jorgia P. Aganan of Sorsogon
- Claudine Timola of Baras, Catanduanes
- Rosalexi B. Isidoro of Virac, Catanduanes
- Jannel Mendee Calleja of Sorsogon
- Janine T. Ahmad of Mercedes, Camarinses Norte
Naga City Councilor Sonny Rañola, chairman of this year’s executive committee of Miss Bicolandia 2022, said that so far this is the biggest haul of aspirants to the most coveted crown in the region’s biggest and most prestigious beauty pageant. The last pageant was held in September 2019 and a hiatus of two years followed due to the Covid-19 pandemic where all major human enterprises, including fiesta celebrations among others, seemed to have come to a halt.
ExeCom Vice Chair and Councilor Joe Perez promises that this year’s staging of the comebacking Miss Bicolandia Beauty Pageant will be as colorful and perhaps even more exciting as ever because of a bevy of celebrities, VIPs, and national beauty icons that were invited – either as judges, guests and entertainers – to grace the grand coronation night on September 7 at the 10,000-seater Jesse M. Robredo Coliseum.