This strategy promotes among the people awareness and appreciation for local writers, literature, and history and for the materials in the Raul S. Roco Library. Notable local writers who graced the occasion since 2005
- Alan Popa – Changing Paradigm of Bicol Poetry, 2005
- Dr. Bienvenido Lumbera – Mainstreaming Bikol Language and Literature, 2006
- Ms. Eugenia Apostol – Responsible Journalism, Effective Communication, and Transparent Governance, 2007
- Mrs. Prudenciana C. Cruz – The impact of local history materials in public libraries, 2008
- Dr. Danny Gerona – Importance of local history materials in the Library
- Mr. Conrado De Quiros
The library lectures aim to:
- further improve the awareness for local writers and their significant contribution in the local culture and history;
- make people aware of the wealth of materials the Raul S. Roco Library has by providing time for them to see for themselves the facilities of the library
- instill among people that the wealth of the library can also come from living and speaking persons
Why make the library holds lecture?
to instill in the people the realization that the library is not only for reading
to infuse among public that the library is a place where the recorded knowledge is kept which consequently serves as the repository for great men.