Edit Content

Special Program for
Employment of Students (SPES)

The Special Program for Employment of Students (SPES) aims to provide temporary employment to poor but deserving students, out-of-school youth, and dependents of displaced or would-be displaced workers during summer and/or CHristmas vacation or any time of the year to augment the family’s income to help ensure that beneficiaries are able to pursue their education. The program was created under Republic Act 7323 as amended by Republic Act 9457 and further amended by Republic Act 10917.

Every year, SPES is implemented by the City Government of Naga through MetroPESO; beneficiaries will work for a minimum of 20 days, but not more than 52 days, 60% of the wages shall be shouldered by the employer and the remaining 40% will be paid by the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE).

The checklist of requirements are: (Kindly bring both original and photocopies of the following documents for proper validation)

  • Birth Certificate or any document indicating date of birth or age (must be 15-30 years old)
  • Latest Income Tax Return (ITR) of parents/legal guardian OR certification issued by BIR that the parents/legal guardians are exempted from payment of tax OR original copy of Certificate of Indigence OR original Certificate of Low Income issued by the Barangay/DSWD or CSWDO where the applicant resides
  • For Students, any of the following, in addition to requirements 1 and 2:
    • Copy of proof of average 85 and above such as a.) class card or b.) Form 138 of previous semester/year immediately preceding application OR
    • Original copy of Certification by the School Registrar as to passing grade immediately preceding semester/year if grades are not yet available.
  • For Out-of-School Youth (OSY), original copy of Certification as OSY issued by DSWD/CSWD or the authorized Barangay Official where the OSY resides, in addition to requirements 1 and 2.
  • Valid ID of parents/legal guardians.
  • Duly accomplished SPES Application Form 2 with passport size (3.5cm x 4.5cm) photo

Once requirements are secured, the application process is as follows:

  1. Submit duly accomplished SPES Application Form 2, along with all other requirements for evaluation by CEC staff.
  2. Students are required to attend the SPES orientation for the information on the details and guidelines of the program.
  3. Qualified applicants will be posted on the MetroPESO bulletin board. CEC staff will issue an office assignment referral to SPES beneficiaries.
  4. SPES beneficiaries will sign their Employment Contract and Oath of Undertaking.
  5. After 20 working days, SPES beneficiaries will sign a Termination Report; this will also be submitted to DOLE as part of the 40% wages requirements.
  6. SPES beneficiaries shall submit to MetroPESO their Daily Time Record (DTR) and Accomplishment Report signed by the office head.

The Special Program for Employment of Students (SPES) aims to provide temporary employment to poor but deserving students, out-of-school youth, and dependents of displaced or would-be displaced workers during summer and/or CHristmas vacation or any time of the year to augment the family's income