- Conduct committee/public hearings on matters referred to it by the Sangguniang Panlungsod and recommend action thereon;
- Study and recommend the creation of research and development programs that would enhance the Agri-Business potentials;
- Study and recommend programs that will assist smalltime businessmen, agricultural producers including the marketing and disposition of their agricultural products;
- Conduct studies and researches on the utilization of upland and idle lands to include irrigation and soil management, crop production and pest control, animal breeding, and other agricultural projects;
- Study and recommend Agri-Business ventures wherein the city government may invest in;
- Study and recommend the establishment of rural industrial projects and services;
- Coordinate with the Department of Agriculture in connection with the development of agricultural projects;
- Review the status of upland agriculture, identify geo-hazard areas particularly in relation to the probability of soil erosion and landslides, and promote the use of Sloping Agricultural Land Technology or other appropriate farming or soil cultivation methods that would prevent erosion, landslides, floods and other disasters due to improper farming methods.
- Recommend policies and programs to ensure food availability and security at all times.
- Perform such other functions as the Sanggunian may adopt.
Chairman: Hon. Melvin Ramon G. Buenafe
Co-Chairman: Hon. Vidal P. Castillo
- Hon. Joselito S.A. del Rosario
- Hon. Salvador M. del Castillo
- Hon. Antonio B. Beltran