Hon. Jose “Sonny” C. Rañola, M.D.
Famous for “Salamat Po Doktor”, a long-running program that extended health education and medical assistance for the marginalized; Medical Director at St. John Hospital (33 years), and at the NICC Doctors Hospital.
Served 13 years as councilor. Facebook: @Sonny Rañola
Public Service Record
- Current member, 14th Sangguniang Panglungsod
- Member, 13th Sanggunian Panlungsod (July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2022)
Membership in Organizations
- Member, Rotary Club of Naga, Camarines Sur (2000 – Present)
- Adviser, Kiwanis Club of Metro Naga (2013 – Present)
- Most Outstanding Physician of Bicol Region (2013)
- The Outstanding Physician in Community Service (1986), among others.
- Committee on Games and Amusement
- Committee on Health and Nutrition
- Committee on Senior Citizens
- Committee on Human Rights
- Committee on Tourism
- Committee on Culture and the Arts
- Committee on Land Use
- Committee on People Empowerment
- Committee on Persons with Disabilities
- Committee on Solo Parents