Edit Content

Change of First Name or Correction of Clerical Errors in Birth Certificate

Name wrongly spelled in Certificate? There's a remedy for that.

City Civil Registry Office

Rm. 109, G/F Main Bldg., City Hall Complex, J. Miranda Ave., Concepcion Pequeña, Naga City,
Camarines Sur

Quick Guide

Filing Petition for:
Change of Frist Name (CFN) or Correction of Clerical Error/s (CCE) R.A. 9048

Change of Gender / Correction of Day and Month in the Date of Birth R.A. 10172

REPUBLIC ACT No. 9048 & 10172 authorizes the city or municipal civil registrar or the consul general
to correct a clerical or typographical error in an entry and/or change of first name or nickname in the
civil register without need of a judicial order.
An administrative remedy in nature, it is a departure from the usual judicial process in correcting clerical errors or changing an entry in civil registry documents. It is aimed at according petitioners an expeditious and cheaper way of correcting errors found in their civil registry records.