- Conduct committee/public hearings on matters referred to it by the Sangguniang Panlungsod and recommend action thereon;
- Recommend policies and programs in relation to women, LGBTQ, and other gender concerns.
- Formulate measures that will enhance the welfare and dignity across gender.
- Ensures the effective implementation of all programs, measures, and related ordinances that protect the rights of women and members of the LGBTQ.
- Establish linkages with the local and national government agencies concerned to help address matters pertaining to gender equality.
- Ensure dissemination of information and literature pertaining to women and gender development;
- Recommend gender-related policies and programs to strengthen the moral values and social responsibilities and protect their rights in terms of education, employment, and place in policy-making and nation-building.
- Perform such other functions as the Sanggunian may adopt.
Chairman: Hon. Gilda Gayle R. Abonal-Gomez
Co-Chairman: Hon. Ma. Corazon M. Peñaflor
- Hon. Jose C. Rañola
- Hon. Joselito S.A. del Rosario
- Hon. Mary Kyle Francine B. Tripulca